A Motorcycle Accident Can Change Your Life In A Moment
If you ride a motorcycle, you know it comes with a certain level of risk. The feeling of freedom is often the point of riding. Even if you compensate for that risk by taking every safety precaution, you cannot control other drivers. One negligent driver can cause an accident that threatens your life in a split second. If you have suffered injuries from a motorcycle accident, you need an attorney who understands these cases and will fight to recover the damages you deserve.
The personal injury lawyers at Keller, Woods & Thompson, P.A., are here to help you. Our firm has been aggressively fighting for accident victims for over two decades. Located in Minneapolis, we represent clients throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin.
Common Causes Of Motorcycle Accidents
If you have been riding for any length of time, you have already learned to pick out dangerous drivers, risky behavior and cars that might cut you off. Experienced riders learn to ride defensively, but that is not always enough. The margin of error on a motorcycle is so slim, you simply don’t always have time to react. Common types of motorcycle accidents caused by negligent drivers include:
- Head-on collisions – As one of the most common types of motorcycle accidents involving another vehicle, this is also one of the most dangerous and often results in serious injury or death.
- Left-hand turns – Another common type of crash for motorcycles and cars, alike, when a car is turning left and does not notice the motorcycle, they can end up crashing.
- Distracted driving – The biggest problem most riders face is that other drivers simply do not see them. Distracted driving is on the rise across all types of motor vehicle accidents, but motorcycles are more vulnerable than most due to size.
- Merging and changing lanes – Too often, drivers do not properly check for traffic before changing lanes. Motorcycles are smaller and more difficult to see, resulting in a dangerous collision when a car suddenly moves over.
- Road hazards – Road debris and other road hazards can wreak havoc for a motorcycle due to stability and relative size. In some cases, these road hazards can be traced back to a negligent party, but not always.
Of course, there are many more scenarios that result in motorcycle accidents. These are just a few of the more common ones involving the negligence of others.
Putting Your Life Back Together
The unfortunate truth is that motorcycle accidents often result in catastrophic injuries or even death. You could be facing a long road to recovery with medical treatments and physical therapy. You should not settle for the first offer the insurance company makes. Allow us to pursue justice for you. If we don’t believe a settlement offer is fair, we will take your case to trial.
If you lost a loved one due to a motorcycle accident, Keller, Woods & Thompson can help you pursue a claim for wrongful death. Although nothing can replace your loved one, your family should at least be compensated for the financial and emotional damages you suffered.